This course provides an introduction to the basics of self-administered medication monitoring and documentation for providers contracted with the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS).
Course objectives include:
- A complete review of health and wellness
- Introduction to common symptoms of illness
- Medication basics, including purpose of medication, administration of medication, and prevention of medication errors
- Review of medication side effects
- Guideline regarding psychotropic medications
- Hands-on experience reading labels
- Documenting administration of medications
2 hour class / $30
Continuing education units are provided upon request with a minimum enrollment of 4 students per agency. Certificates are issued upon successful course completion. For further information or to schedule a class, please contact us directly.