Adapted from the Direct Care Worker-Caregiver Fundamentals module, this course provides practical support for the in-home care provider. Participants will experience and interactive learning model to develop greater awareness and learn essential skills to maintain client safety.
Course content includes:
- Utilizing the client service plan to determine risk factors and safety precautions;
- Proper household cleaning procedures;
- Disposal of household waste;
- Common household emergency situations and intervention techniques;
- Developing and emergency plan;
- Fire risks and appropriate safety techniques including the proper use of a fire extinguisher;
- Material hazards within the home environment; and
- Fall risk and methods of prevention.
1 hour class / $25
Continuing education units are provided upon request with a minimum enrollment of 4 students per agency. Certificates are issued upon successful course completion. For further information or to schedule a class, please contact us directly.