Adapted from the Direct Care Worker -Alzheimer’s Disease & Related Disorders module, this course provides a framework for supporting clients and their families to prepare and process end of life issues and critical decision making.
Course participants will learn to:
- Identify the stages of grief.
- Give examples of behaviors at different stages of grief.
- Understand that death is unique to each individual.
- Describe the physical and emotional aspects of the dying process.
- Give examples of how cultural and family differences influence the death and dying process.
- Explain how a death can affect the DCW.
- Identify and explain coping strategies relevant to grieving and/or dying.
- Describe resources the community has to offer.
1 hour class / $25
Continuing education units are provided upon request with a minimum enrollment of 4 students per agency. Certificates are issued upon successful course completion. For further information or to schedule a class, please contact us directly.